Saturday, April 18, 2009

My thing with laundry

I have this theory that people have their favorite errands. Some people like tidying up their homes. Others like going to the bank. I know some people who feel this enormous satisfaction after paying bills.

As for me, I enjoy "doing" laundry.

I say "doing" because I really don't do my own laundry. At the end of the week I sort the clothes I've tossed in the hamper (dry cleaning and regular wash) and then I haul the week's worth of wash (I *heart* alliteration) to my favorite laundry a few blocks from my building. There are other laundry establishments nearer my flat, but they hardly speak English and there is nothing more difficult than explaining "starch" in sign language.

I don't even have to pick up laundry when it's done. Three days later the newly washed clothes hang from closet.

Hmmmm.

Now that I think about it, that's a little creepy. I think my doorman is getting *a little* too close.

No comments: