Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cappuccinos.... try them

Until 8 days ago, I drank my coffee black. For the uninitiated (which was me until 8 days ago), black meant a regular brewed coffee no sugar, no milk.

And then one day, a waiter corrected me, and he said, "We don't do "regular" here. That is for Americans." His tone was so pretentious, I loved it.

So I gave in and ordered a cappuccino. This people, was a big deal for me. It had been years since I last had one (I mean like 10-15 years). I started drinking black coffee in law school and I never looked back. Cappuccinos and lattes were for sissys. And sugar was for the weak.

The coffee arrived. All foamy and sissy like, with the cocoa powder making a Rorschach-like pattern that I clearly read as, "sissy".

I had a sip. I paused. And then I asked myself, "Why, why have I been drinking swill the last 15 years?"

Cappucinos.... try them.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Finally! She sees the light!
/hug