Sunday, December 14, 2008

My thighs hurt

Just because I haven't been writing about going to the gym doesn't necessarily mean I haven't been going. On the contrary, I've actually integrated working out into my weekly routine. (Hurray for me.) For the last 15 months, I've been in the gym 2-4 times a week. Most of the time I'm by myself, but sometimes I meet my trainer, Raymond.

Yesterday I saw Raymond and he made me do these evil squats.

The picture doesn't quite capture the pain involved in doing these squats. The guy in the drawing actually looks like he's having a good time. But I challenge all of you (my 6 readers) to do 50 of these squats in succession. Yep, 50. And let's see if you'll be enjoying yourself. If you've been looking for an easy (no acrobatics) low cost (no machines, dumbbells or accessories necessary) high pain exercise, this one's for you!

So now my thighs hurt, and I'm grumpy. I'm grumpy because I can hardly sit, stand, or go up (or down) a flight of stairs without making what I call "old person sounds". Grunts and sighs, mostly.

*Grunt*

No comments: