Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ode to lamb masala

I've written previously about my food fixations. You've read about my obsessions with pho, frozen dumplings, and poached chicken from the corner roast shop. (Yes reader, TWS is quite a fascinating blog.)

Recently though, I've been nuts about lamb masala. (Dad, this is essentially lamb curry, with a tomato based sauce.) The way the sauce just explodes in your mouth is simply amazing. I've found myself walking up LKF at lunch time to fight the crowds in this tiny hole in the wall to get my curry take-away (with free diet Pepsi). I convince myself that the trek offsets the calorie intake (the curry comes with the *best* basmati rice), which of course is ridiculous (probably not full off-set, but definitely 50%....)

Today I was back at my favorite curry shop and this time the lamb masala came with boiled egg thrown in. Just when I thought things couldn't get any better.

Lamb curry with egg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum.... when I make masala, I also fry a few eggs. It balances the spice... hmmm.... now I'm hungry again! =b