Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hong Kong's Most Expensive Hamburger

I've had a ridiculously priced hamburger before -- back in 2003, Cousin Malu took me to DB Bistro in New York where we each had a US$50 cheeseburger. Back then I thought (1) it was really good but (2) I would never spend 50 bucks on a hamburger.

Fast forward 5 years later. I am at Duke's with C. The restaurant just opened and has been causing a bit of a buzz. Yes, they sell HK's most expensive burgers. At HK$280 (approx US$40) a pop (not including service charge or fries) you get a patty of beef-ribs with a sliver of foie gras.

As I dug into my burger in the middle of the oppulently designed restaurant (I guess to make up for the fact that they sell only burgers and beer) I thought: (1) this is really good and (2) on my God, we just spent close to a hundred bucks on two burgers, a couple of beers and some fries.

No comments: